Friday, October 10, 2008

My Kenwood Experience!

Tonite i've had my very first experience with my Kenwood Mixer using the Flexibeater. I was worried that it might not be able to do the job. I was told that the flexibeater is meant for creaming mixes only. However, it did just that it doesn't scrape the sides and the bottom of the bowl that well enough for me.

Here are some pictures of the banana cupcakes. The whole process was so fast that i didn't had a chance to take pictures of the kenwood and flexibeater in action.



Banana Dates Almond Cupcakes
This is a very soft, moist and fluffy cupcakes.
For those who are interested in trying, here's the recipe :


250g butter
250g cake flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
5 medium eggs
300g brown sugar
5 large delmonte bananas
100g chopped dates
100g almond nibs
2 tsp vanilla essence

Beat butter + brown sugar
Add in eggs, one at a time followed by vanilla essence.
Fold in flour + soda + baking powder
Stir in mashed banana, dates and almond.
Scoop mixture into muffin cups (makes 28 pcs)
Bake at 18o deg celcius for 20 - 25 mins

No comments: